It was a year ago,…
…Facebook officially launched the reactions in the post’s.
In the beginning the main objective was to give other options of interaction to the users.
One of the reasons that might justify the appearance of the reactions was due to the constant complaints of the users, who argued “like” sometimes was not appropriate, especially when they were related with tragic publications.
Now, according to the news published in the page of “The Next Web”, Facebook will begin to give more importance to post’s with “reactions” to the detriment of post’s with a simple “like.” That is, the contents with more reactions will have a greater reach.
For “The Next Web,” this change in algorithm makes perfect sense, once “like” is the basic interaction with the post. On the other hand, beyond transmitting other emotions, reactions make users spend a little more time on posts. To choose a reaction it is necessary to leave the mouse pointer on the “like” button.
At the moment Facebook has not yet confirmed when its algorithm would change, nor if these changes will happen.
Some facts about the reactions:
- Since its launch, reactions have been used in more than 300 million publications.
- The “Love It” reaction was the most used by the users, being present in more than half of the users reactions.
- Christmas of 2016 was the time of year when there were more “Love It” reactions.
- Facebook already uses personalized reactions on specific dates, such as Halloween, or even Women’s Day.
- How do you think this action will affect the post’s of various businesses on Facebook?